Onshore Credit Card
Enjoy the purchasing power of Visa® with a low variable rate. Visa verification and zero liability policies give you added security while shopping.
Platinum Rewards Credit Card
A competitive variable rate credit card with the power of Visa and rewards for purchases! Earn one point for every dollar spent to redeem for travel, merchandise, gift cards, statement credits, and more. Visit our sample rewards site for examples of the rewards program. Cardholders can redeem rewards within the Credit Card Center of Online & Mobile Banking.
Additional LBS Financial Cardholder Benefits
Both the Onshore Credit Card and Platinum Rewards Credit Card provide additional benefits for our Members when using your cards for travel, purchases, and more.
- Auto Rental Collateral Damage Waiver to protect the full amount of your rental car in case of damage (when rental car is paid for using your LBS Financial Credit Card)
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Trip Cancellation Service up to $2,000 per trip (when travel is paid for using your LBS Financial Credit Card)
- Porch Piracy coverage of $10,000 per occurrence or up to $50,000 per cardholder (when items purchased are paid for using your LBS Financial Credit Card)
- ID Navigator Powered by NortonLifeLock
- Travel Accident Coverage up to $250,000
LBS Financial Credit Union went through a conversion affecting all of our credit cards (moving our credit cards from an older system to a new system). As part of this process, we created new product names/designs and offered new benefits. We did have to issue new card numbers for every Member due to the conversion from one system to another. Members can activate and use their new contactless credit card starting March 26, 2023.
We encourage you to check the card numbers and expiration dates you have on file with every merchant to ensure your payments continue smoothly. Some merchants are able to update the card number automatically (once your new card is activated), but there may be some that require you to make a manual update.
New credit card eStatements can be accessed within the Credit Card Center in Online & Mobile Banking. Older eStatements can still be accessed within the eDocuments section of Online & Mobile Banking (for up to 18 months from statement date).
A black out period occurred between March 24th through March 25th (no new points earned during this time). On Thursday, March 23, 2023 all remaining Visa Gold Points were paid to your Share Savings account. On March 26, 2023, Members should activate their new Platinum Rewards Credit Card and can take advantage of the new rewards program.
No. You will need to add your new Onshore or Platinum Rewards Credit Card to your Mobile Wallet on or after March 27, 2023.
Due to the conversion to a new system for credit cards, there is a delay in the timing of when your payment will be applied to your credit card. Transfers from LBS Financial accounts to credit cards are withdrawn from your shares immediately and may take 1-2 business days to be reflected on your credit card balance. Payments made after 2:00pm Pacific Time will be processed on the following business day. Continued improvements to the payment process will be coming in the near future.
There is no Cash Advance fee or Balance Transfer fee, but interest is assessed at a different rate than purchases for each, and there is no grace period before interest begins to accrue. Learn more about rates and fees.
There are many options for making a payment to your LBS Financial Credit Card:
- Credit Card Center in Online & Mobile Banking: Make a one-time, scheduled, or recurring payment through Online or Mobile Banking. Once enrolled and logged in to Online or Mobile Banking, select Credit Card Center from the menu. You may select your financial institution from the list within the Credit Card Center to make your payment from and connect your account by entering your online or mobile banking credentials, or you can manually enter your financial institution information along with your account number and routing number. The Credit Card Center is the most feature-rich payment option and includes the ability to make recurring payments of your statement balance, minimum payment, and more.
- Transfers within Online & Mobile Banking: Make a one-time or scheduled payment through Online or Mobile Banking using the Transfers feature. Once enrolled and logged in to Online or Mobile Banking, select Transfers & Payments from the Online Banking Menu (Transfer from the Mobile Banking menu). You may select an account at the Credit Union to transfer funds. If you are transferring a payment to a credit card that does not appear within your Online & Mobile Banking, please select the transfer to “Another Member” option, entering the loan ID using the last four digits of the card number (such as L:1234). Transfers from LBS Financial accounts to credit cards are withdrawn from your shares immediately and may take 1-2 business days to be reflected on your credit card balance. Payments made after 2:00pm Pacific Time will be processed on the following business day.
- Bill Payment: Make LBS Financial your payee from your online bill pay at another financial institution. Make sure to use the following address for credit card payments only and include the full 16-digits of the card number in the account number field.
LBS Financial Credit Union
PO Box 37035
Boone IA 50037-0035
- Mail Us Your Payment: Make sure to use the address below when you mail us a payment. To avoid any processing delays, please include the payment coupon with your check.
LBS Financial Credit Union
PO Box 37035
Boone IA 50037-0035
Visit the Credit Card Center within Online & Mobile Banking and click on Account Info, then eStatements to sign up.
Log in to Online or Mobile Banking. Primary cardholders will be able to see credit card balances and transfer payments to credit cards. For account activities such as credit card eStatements, recent transactions, or setting up scheduled payments from an outside financial institution, click on the Credit Card Center feature within Online & Mobile Banking.
LBS Financial's Credit Card accounts come with a 25-day grace period, but it is for purchases only. If you have a cash advance balance, it is subject to interest immediately. If you did not pay your balance in full within the 25-day grace period, you would also be assessed interest.
For example, if the statement is dated March 28, your payment for the total balance would need to be posted on or before April 25 of the same year in order to avoid interest on your purchases.
Tap your credit or debit card on the terminal reader when it's time to pay. You do not need to swipe or insert the card. Just hover your card a few inches above the contactless symbol on the device.
You can use your LBS Financial Credit Union Platinum Rewards Credit Card to earn points towards travel, merchandise, gift cards, and statement credits. Earn 1 point for every dollar spent.
For Members with a Platinum Rewards Credit Card: visit the Credit Card Center within Online or Mobile Banking and click on the Rewards site to view points and redeem. View test rewards website for examples of the rewards offered.
You can also call 888.245.5886 for help redeeming points and other inquiries.
Call us at 800.527.3328 and press 3 for Visa Credit Card. Then press 1 for lost/stolen.
If a suspicious transaction occurs on your card, you will be notified right away.
How will you contact me?
We'll send you a SMS text first (if you have a mobile phone number on file), followed by phone calls to the numbers we have on file for you (including mobile, home and work). If you have not responded, we will then email you.
Emails and texts are sent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone calls will take place between the hours of 8 am and 9 pm, in your specific time zone.
After hours, a text will be sent, followed by an email. A temporary block may be placed when necessary, and a detailed report fraud report sent to LBS Financial.
We encourage you to make sure your contact info is up to date! If you have any questions or want to update your information, call 800.527.3328.
Yes! No matter how you pay, Visa has you covered with zero liability. Visa’s Zero Liability Policy is our guarantee that Visa cardholders won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with their account or account information.
How it works: Visa chip cardholders can shop worry-free at millions of locations
The cardholder reviews their monthly statement and immediately reports any unauthorized charges to their financial institution.
Once reported, Visa’s Zero Liability Policy requires their financial institution to investigate and resolve things quickly.