Get your child excited about savings
Head to a branch today to open a savings account for your child, and watch their eyes light up as they deposit their first dimes and quarters. You can also deposit money on their behalf through Mobile or Online Banking, money that earns competitive dividends. Plus, they’ll get a free gift when they open their account.
Manage money easily
With Online and Mobile Banking options, we make it easy to keep a close eye on your child’s account. Check up on every account under your name, all from the same convenient place. Moving money into your child’s savings account is also fast and free.
For Youth Accounts (age 0-12), the parent/legal guardian on the account may get an ATM card (in their name) on the account*. The child cannot get an ATM card in their name until they turn 13 and have a Teen account.
No. Youth and Teen accounts must be opened at a branch only with the parent/legal guardian present.
In Online Banking, click on "Transfers and Payments" and "Make a Transfer". Choose the account you want to withdraw from and where you want to send the money to. If you are sending to another Member, select "Another Member" under where the money is going, and enter their account number and last name. Enter the amount and submit.
You can access all of your LBS Financial sub-accounts. If you have multiple accounts at the Credit Union, make sure to click on Link Memberships to bring in all accounts for which you are an owner. View our How to Link Memberships video.
You will need your child's birth certificate, school ID, or California State ID, as well as their social security number. Bring a minimum deposit of $7 ($1 one-time Membership fee per Member on the account and $5 minimum deposit). Parent/guardian must be a joint owner on the account and will also need to bring their government-issued ID and social security number.
Yes. Because of Regulation D restrictions, the following transactions or combination of transactions to another Credit Union account of yours or third party account are limited to six or fewer each month:
- Automatic payments made via the ACH system (also known as pre-authorized electronic funds transfers) from your Share Savings accounts
- Transfers made from Regular Share and Money Market accounts made via CU OnLine (not including loan payments)
- Transfers to other deposit accounts within LBS Financial Credit Union
- Transfers from Regular Share and Money Market accounts to a Checking account to cover NSF checks
- Transfers from Regular Share and Money Market accounts made by telephone
- Transfers to a third party by check, draft or debit card