2018 Scholarship Program
Any Member who is in good standing and currently enrolled as a high school senior or at an accredited college in his/her freshman through junior year is qualified to apply for our $1,000 Scholarship Program. One scholarship recipient will be selected each year.
- The entrant must be a Member of LBS Financial Credit Union and in good standing, prior to submitting a scholarship entry form.
- Student must be enrolled as a high school senior or at an accredited college in his/her freshman-junior year at the time of application.
- Scholarship funds must be used at an accredited educational institution by January 31, 2019 for tuition and text books only.
- Employees of LBS Financial, volunteers and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants must submit an official high school or college transcript.
- Entrants must submit a letter of recommendation from a school official.
- Entrants must submit a typed response to the two essay questions.
- Entrants must complete and sign an official entry form.
- Eligible Members may request an official scholarship entry form by: clicking here to download a scholarship application or in person at any branch location.
- Application deadline is Friday, April 6, 2018, end of business day (or postmarked by April 6, 2018).
- Judging will be accomplished by a panel of impartial judges selected by the LBS Financial Credit Union Marketing Department.
- Judging will be based upon both subjective criteria including essay and weighted objective criteria as well as academic performance, extracurricular and community activities, references and personal goals.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, April 6, 2018. Entries must be sent to: LBS Financial Credit Union, Attn: Marketing Department, P.O. Box 4860, Long Beach, CA 90804.
- Judging will conclude on Friday, May 11, 2018 and the scholarship winner will be notified by Friday, May 18, 2018.
- All decisions of the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of LBS Financial Credit Union.
- Winner must begin studies by January 31, 2019.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the recipient within one month of receiving proof of enrollment for the following academic school year at an accredited college.
- Funds may only be used for tuition and text books.