LBS Financial Credit Union Security
LBS Financial Credit Union is committed to ensure the confidentiality of your online transactions. Our online account access products incorporate designed-in security features for safeguarding your accounts and the information you transmit to us during a CU OnLine session.
SSL/TLS - Given the recently discovered flaws, we are disabling Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology on our servers. We will also follow industry and regulatory guidelines with regard to Transport Layer Security (TLS), the latest versions of which are judged to be secure.
Digital Certificates - Think of certificates as public and private keys. You can’t see the keys at work but all browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, etc.) will warn you if you are not on the web site for which the certificate was issued. LBS Financial utilizes the highest grade Extended Validation certificate from Symantec/VeriSign. The green background and display of our name in the address bar let’s you know you are connected to our site – not a copycat – and that your session is encrypted.
To further safeguard your account information against unauthorized access, the software employs a double authentication scheme. It prevents an unauthorized user from accidentally or deliberately determining your session ID while you are online and executing transactions against your account.
The following are minimum supported versions. Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and 10; FireFox 10; Google Chrome 21; Opera 12 and Safari 5.
Recommended Monitor Resolutions
- 1024 x 768
- 1280 x 800
- 1280 x 1024
- 1680 x 1050
When you enroll you are provided with a User Name and your initial online password. You can change your password as often as you like when you login for a session. The first time you login, you will be required to change your password. For subsequent logins, you will need to enter your User Name and password to enter the secure area of our website. We recommend setting up a strong password, meaning: make it lengthy (8 or more characters), combine letters and symbols and create phrases. Click here for details on developing a strong password.
Timed Log Out
If you forget to log out, we do it for you by terminating your banking session after a certain length of time. You can set this time to be 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes. You will be required to login again to begin another session. This built-in safeguard protects your account information from unauthorized access in the event you are called away from your computer during an online session, or forget to log out at the conclusion of your session.
Each of the foregoing security features is designed to protect confidentiality of your online transactions and account information. You are also responsible for adhering to the following secure practices:
- NEVER reveal your login ID or password to anyone.
- NEVER leave your computer unattended during a session. When you are finished with a session, be sure to LOG OUT (click exit) before visiting other websites. If you cannot close the browser after your banking session, be sure to delete the temporary files stored by the browser on your local hard drive. Consult your browser Help on how to do this. Report known instances of unauthorized account access within the required timeframe.
- NEVER use email to transmit any personal, business, financial or account information. Messages sent in this manner are not encrypted. Use the encryption features of your browser. You may be required to upgrade your browser to 128-bit encryption. If you have any questions regarding the security of your online transactions, please call us at 800.527.3328.
LBS Financial Credit Union offers enhanced security features to CU OnLine, our online banking service. This type of enhanced security is known as Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and you will see this within online banking as security or challenge questions. Keeping your information secure is one of our top priorities, and our security enhancements offer the following to add more protection to your account online:
- An image and a caption, selected by you, displays every time you log in assuring you that the LBS Financial site is authentic (anti-phishing)
- When you (or anyone else) attempt to log on to your account, security questions you set up during the enrollment process will be asked to confirm your identity. For your convenience, you can register any computer you use to avoid having to answer your challenge questions. The system uses a special “cookie” to record information unique to that computer. The option to register an unregistered computer is available every time you log on.