Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
The equity in your home can give you access to one of the least costly and most flexible loans available. You may need to borrow money for home improvements, college tuition, an automobile, bill consolidation, a vacation, medical bills, or even to start a home-based business. A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) uses the equity in your home for collateral. HELOC is an open credit line you can draw on as needed, up to a preset limit for up to 10 years.
- Introductory rate as low as 3.99%*
- Borrow up to 90% of your loan-to-value
- No points
- Great rates
- HELOC Checks are free!
- Minimum line amount is $15,000; while the maximum amount is $300,000 for those who qualify
- After 10 years, HELOC converts to a 15-year fully amortized loan
- Use up to 15 years to repay
- Make monthly payments of interest only or interest plus principal
- Checks are free! Access your HELOC through checks (ordered at loan origination), CU OnLine and telephone transfers
*3.99% APR is an introductory rate for the first six months. Draw period is for the first 10 years with a subsequent 15 year repayment of full interest and principal.
The interest rate on a HELOC is generally much lower than using a credit card or personal loan, because your home is securing the line. Also, the interest you pay on a HELOC is usually tax deductible. These deductions are not allowed on credit cards, auto or personal loans. Deduction guidelines can get complicated, so be sure to check with your tax advisor/preparer.